What our users think
We welcome feedback from our user groups at any time. All our services have been developed over the years as a result of requests from local community groups, so if you have any suggestions or want to make a comment on our services – good or bad – please do let us know. You can fill in a comment card at the front desk or email us with your feedback.
Our own survey
Every two years we carry out a survey of all groups who contact us during July.
Our July 2016 survey showed that our services are very highly valued by our user groups.
- 97% of our users were very satisfied with the service they received. The remaining 3% were satisfied.
- 100% of respondents agree that the Resource Centre makes life easier for their group.
- For most of our user groups, we are the only support agency they use.
- The work of our user groups benefits everyone in the city.
For more details, see the survey report (PDF)
Feedback from our priority groups
Each time we carry out a piece of intensive support work for one of our priority groups, we ask for feedback and comments. In 2015-16, we did 90 examinations of accounts and 315 support sessions for our priority groups.
Examinations of accounts
We give groups a postcard to return with a rating of our work and any comments, when we complete the examination of their accounts. 53% of the cards we gave out were returned and 100% of these rated our work as excellent.
Support and advice
We ask for feedback when we have completed a substantial piece of work with a group, such as helping to draft a funding application, drawing up a project plan or advising a treasurer on book-keeping. Often, a single ‘job’ is carried out over a period of weeks, involving several visits, which are counted as separate sessions.
If we discuss an issue with a group briefly at the front desk (our Advice on Demand service), we don’t generally ask for written feedback.
In 2015-16, we completed 91 pieces of support work on which we asked for feedback. 73% of our feedback forms were completed, and 97% of these rated our work as excellent.
Our Money in Mind project was evaluated twice by independent consultants – half-way through the project in 2012 and again at the end of the project in 2014.
On both occasions, the consultants’ report concluded that:
- Groups found the support offered by the Money in Mind project to be of excellent quality, and all beneficiaries would recommend the service to their colleagues and friends.
- A large majority of groups who received support from the Money in Mind project reported that their skills, confidence and knowledge had improved following the support.
- A majority of groups reported that they were better able to raise funds following the support they had received.
Three of the six case studies in each report featured groups who had received support from the Resource Centre (the other three had been supported by our project partners, Impact Initiatives). In the 2012 evaluation, these were:
In the 2014 evaluation, they were:
- Oromo Community (PDF)
- Sudanese and Arabic Speaking Elderly Association (PDF)
- Moulsecoomb Treasures (PDF)
Last updated: October 2016