Additional Support Services
We can offer additional support to some groups. At the moment, additional services are available to:
- Brighton & Hove Council tenants' associations
- Groups based in areas of social housing and run by local people
- Groups based in minority ethnic communities
- Groups run by disabled people
These additional services include:
- one-to-one tailored training and advice sessions, covering topics such as computer skills; managing money; developing a fundraising strategy; drawing up a constitution
- independent examinations of accounts
- town-wide training workshops (Brighton & Hove Council tenants' associations only)
- layout and design of leaflets, newsletters; typing of minutes, letters
The views of these priority groups on the value of our work can be seen in our most recent feedback report, covering the intensive support work we carried out between April 2009 and March 2010.
Groups that are not eligible for our additional support services may find the help they need from one of the other support organisations in Brighton & Hove. Several of these other organisations are currently discussing the possibility of merger or closer working arrangements, as part of the Transforming Local Infrastructure project. The Resource Centre's services will remain unchanged by this process.