Books on looking after your money
Available for reference use only in the Resource Centre library
- A practical guide to financial management for charities and voluntary organisations
3rd Edition 2007
Author Kate Sayer
Publisher Directory of Social Change
Chapters on: Financial planning; Financial reporting and monitoring; Financial controls and managing risk; Investment; Accounting basics; Charity annual accounts and audit; Interpreting accounts; Computerisation; VAT; and Tax effective giving.
- Applying for your project overheads: guidance for big lottery fund applicants
Publisher Big Lottery Fund
- Community Money Matters
Author Paul Boielle
Publisher Cash Online
Comprehensive and straight forward ghuide for any9one who is looking after their groupí;s money
- Full cost recovery: a guide and toolkit on cost allocation
This guide is designed to help you calculate the full costs of each of your organisations activities, to assist in managing costs and fundraising. It has chapters on: Full ocst recovery; types of costs; and cost allocation; and templates to assist in this process.
- Introductory pack on funding and finance for voluntary and community sector organisations
Publisher finance hub / ncvo
This is a pack of books on: financial management; loans and other forms of finance; procurement and contracting; trading; fundraising; and sustainable funding.
- Know your cost base, Know your charity.
Publisher Charity Finance Directors Group
A practical guide to how the core costs (or overheads) of your group can be allocated to the projects you are running to make fundraising more effective
- Simply Finance: A comprehensive guide to the different options for financing a community enterprise
Publisher Co-operatives UK
Filed under 'Books on Fundraising' in the Resource Centre Library.
- The charity treasurer's handbook - an introduction to voluntary sector finance and accounting
3rd edition, 2010
Author Gareth Morgan
Publisher Directory fo Social Change
- The treasurer's handbook - a guide for small voluntary organisations
Author Ian Caulfield Grant
Publisher Charities Aid Foundation