Getting outside help with raising money
All groups are welcome to drop in at the Resource Centre to ask a question, check our noticeboards and reference library or have a brief chat with our knowledgeable front desk staff.
We maintain lists of useful funders, and an in-centre noticeboard dedicated to funding news for Brighton & Hove groups. We also have a subscription to Trustfunding.org.uk which Sussex based groups can use for free in the centre – computer use is free but it’s worth booking a time to come in.
We offer additional support to:
- Tenants’ or Residents’ Associations for Brighton & Hove City Council tenants and leaseholders, and/or
- Groups run by and for people living in an area of social housing, and/or
- Groups run by and for black and minority ethnic people, and/or
- Groups run by and for disabled people.
If you think you may be eligible, contact us to find out whether we can help.
See below for more details on support we can offer to help you with raising money.
Click the Links tab at the top of this page for details of other organisations in the city who offer training, consultancy and information to help your group to raise money.
The Resource Centre conducts free independent accounts examinations for some groups.
You don’t need to be a financial wizard to keep a group’s accounts, and it can be a straightforward and satisfying job. Anyone can learn it – but you do need to know what is expected of you and feel confident you are doing it right.
The services listed below are not provided by the Resource Centre. These are websites and services we feel are particularly useful for small groups in Brighton & Hove, and which are not easy to find by searching the internet.Other services you might find useful
- Fundraising ideas and information
- Getting outside help with running a sports group
- Help with fundraising
- Help with project planning
- Information about crowdfunding and community shares
- Information about Gift Aid
- Information on funding sources
- Information on managing money
- One to one support with managing money
- Online fundraising tools
- Organisations that give loans to co-operatives and social enterprises
- Support for black and minority ethnic groups
- Training for community groups