Chalk Cliffs Trust
Grants available for: Charities, action groups and benevolent organisations in East Sussex
Size of grants given: Mostly £3,000 – £5,000
Next deadline: no deadlines
Aims of Fund
The fund has a very wide remit. They will fund all kinds of charitable and benevolent activity in East Sussex (including Brighton & Hove).
Who can apply
Donations will normally be made to registered charities, however organisations pending registration or pressure groups will also be considered. Donations are usually made once per organisation but repeat donations may be considered in certain circumstances.
How much and what can you apply for
The grants need not be specifically tied to funding projects. They are happy for the money to be used as seed capital, to help with core administration costs, or to help an organisation through a difficult time. They will respond quickly to requests and can make funds available shortly after application.
They will consider applications from charities, action groups and benevolent organisations in East Sussex, who are involved in the following areas of activity:
- Youth schemes and activities, eg youth centres, clubs, arts-focused projects.
- Concerns involved in children’s activities, eg playgroups, kids clubs or children’s education, and the relief of poverty.
- The care of the elderly, eg events and activities for elderly people, or transport needs.
- Activities for people with learning difficulties or disabilities.
- Overseas aid, eg projects concerned with education, malnutrition or medical-related.
- Activities concerned with the care or preservation of the environment.
- Regional arts, music, literature and cultural projects, especially related to the groups mentioned above.
- Other types of community initiatives.
How to apply
Download the application form from their website or write a clear and concise letter explaining how the funds will be used.
Send your application in by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also send in a copy of the latest accounts, minutes of recent meetings or a mission statement.
Deadlines for application
Date & initials