Macmillan Supporting You to Help Others
Grants available for: projects run by and for people affected by cancer.
Size of grants given: £500 for new groups, £3,000 for existing groups
Next deadline: 2017 dates to be confirmed.
Aims of Fund
To provide people affected by cancer with opportunities to use their experiences to support others, while also receiving support themselves.
Who can apply
Self-help and support groups run by and for people affected by cancer, and groups helping people to have a say in the design and improvement of cancer services.
How much and what can you apply for
There are three grant programmes which groups can apply for:
Start up grant: Up to £500 for self-help and support groups which have been running for less than 12 months.
Development grant: Up to £3,000 for self-help and support groups which have been running for more than 12 months.
User involvement grant: Up to £3,000 for projects which encourage the involvement of people affected by cancer in the design and improvement of cancer services.
Examples of the kinds of activities funded include:
- Start up funding for a new self help and support group that covers costs such as room hire, refreshments, equipment, and other general running costs.
- IT equipment and computer/website software to fund a project to develop and extend its reach through publicity
- An annual social ‘activity’ or event for an established group of regular support group attendees (with or without transport)
- A ‘programme of activities’ for an established group formed around a shared interest or hobby, e.g. art, gardening or a sport
- Events that aim to engage members of the community who may be considered ‘hard to reach’.
- Conference attendance and overnight accommodation (up to 2 people per application) to increase awareness, understanding and skills relating to self help and support
- Production of a monthly newsletter for members who cannot travel to face to face meetings
- A meeting between local health professionals and people affected by cancer, to raise awareness of their particular needs and barriers to accessing support
How to apply
Contact a Macmillan Involvement Co-ordinator on 01904 796405 to discuss your plans before applying. They may be able to help you to plan your project. Then complete an application form, which you can download from their website.
Deadlines for application
2017 deadlines are to be announced.
Contact a Macmillan Involvement Co-ordinator: 01904 796405
Send your application to:email@example.com
Date & initials