Tesco Bags of Help
Grants available for: Any non profit making group or organisation
Size of grants given: up to £5,000
Aims of Fund
To support projects that promote community participation in the development and use of outdoor spaces.
Who can apply
All community organisations, including community groups, charities, schools, health bodies, NHS trusts, local authorities, parish councils and social housing providers.
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for up to £5,000 for a project which delivers a physical environmental improvement or encourages the use and long term sustainability of outdoor spaces.
Examples of eligible projects are:
- Developing nature trail in a local park or nature reserve
- Purchasing bee hives and seeding wildflower meadow on a community allotment
- Providing forest school sessions in a primary school for 12 months
- Developing a garden in a hospice, purchasing plants, benches and pergola
- Supporting artist in residence to work with the community to develop an art trail.
- Setting up a growing project for sheltered accommodation residents
- Supporting a gardening project which helps local isolated residents form a gardening club
- Supporting practical training for young people learning horticultural skills
- Funding a series of summer events in a local park
- Funding a programme of beach clean up events
- Repainting swings and play equipment in a park
- Supporting community run summer sports and leisure activities in parks.
- Helping to set up Britain in Bloom local group, purchasing plants, planters, forks, spades and compost.
- Developing a community garden or orchard
- Supporting local football club with the purchase of nets, balls and coaching sessions for under 12’s
Projects on sites which are used solely for religious or political purposes are not eligible. Sites must be free to access.
Three projects will be shortlisted to go forward to a public vote in each of the 200 Tesco regions every month
Each month three projects in each region will be awarded a grant based on the number of votes received: first place receives up to £5000, second place up to £2000 and third place up to £1000.
How to apply
First you need to take the eligibility quiz on their website. Then you will be directed to an online application form. You can save your form as you go along, and then submit it when you are happy with it.
You will need the postcode of your nearest Tesco store when you apply. You can use their store finder for this.
Contact detailsBen Smitton, Community Enabler, Groundwork South (Sussex and Surrey)
Office: 01273 022320
c/o PACA, Chalky road, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 2WS 0121 237 5780
Date & initials