Young Roots: Heritage Lottery Fund
Grants available for: partnerships of heritage organisations and youth organisations
Size of grant given: £10,000-£50,000
Aims of Fund
The programme is intended to
- provide new opportunities for a wide range of young people aged 11 to 25 to help shape and deliver engaging heritage projects;
- bring heritage and youth organisations together to combine knowledge and experience;
- and create opportunities to celebrate young people’s achievements in the project and share their learning with the wider community.
Who can apply
Not-for-profit youth organisations that are working with a ‘heritage partner’ to deliver the project (e.g. your local wildlife trust or museum). The young people ages 11-25 must take part in developing and delivering the project.
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for £10,000 to £50,000 for a specific project. The funding must be for new activities that have not yet started, and generally be for a project that can be completed within two years.
- Actively involve young people aged between 11 and 25 with active roles in planning and delivering a heritage project.
- Include both heritage and youth work expertise. Projects must involve a heritage organisation and a youth organisation working together.
- Include opportunities to celebrate young people’s achievements in the project, for example with an award or certificate.
- Include opportunities for young people to share their learning with the wider community, perhaps through a performance, an exhibition or online.
- Relate to the culturally varied heritage of the UK.
How to apply
Fill in a Project Enquiry form online. This is a way of contacting the Heritage Lottery Fund to find out if your project is eligible for funding. It does not form part of your application. You will be contacted by the South East Office within 10 days. They will then assist with making your application, which will involve completing an application form.
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines. They will assess your application within 8 weeks of receiving it. It may take a few more weeks before you actually receive any money.
Contact details020 7591 6042/44
Date & initials