Argus Appeal Fund
Grants available for: Groups in Sussex (and individuals with long term health needs)
Size of grants given: up to £1000
Next deadline: no deadlines
Aims of Fund
The Argus Appeal Fund fast track is a grants programme which provides grants of up to £1,000 for smaller charities, voluntary and community groups or individuals in need across Sussex. It provides a quicker service for applicants who need a small grant or have an immediate or urgent funding need.
Who can apply
- Voluntary and community groups – you must have a governing document (constitution, rules, memorandum and articles of association etc.), a governing body of at least three unrelated individuals, and a bank account in your group’s name with at least two unrelated signatories.
- Not-for-profit organisations (Including CIOs, Companies Limited by guarantee and CICs)
- Individuals with long term health issues and/or disabilities – applications are accepted from social workers or registered professionals on behalf of individuals
How much and what can you apply for
Grants will usually be no more than £1,000 (contact Sussex Community Foundation in advance if you want to apply for more than this).
Groups can apply for funding to support a range of critical or unexpected needs, such as:
- Emergency repairsfor community buildings
- Start-up costs for new community groups
- Capacity building activities, such as training of volunteers or support with development of policies and procedures
- Events and activities
- Equipment and room hire
If you already have a main grant from Sussex Community Foundation, you can apply for an Argus Appeal grant, if you have an unexpected or emergency need for additional funding.
Individuals can apply for funding for specialist equipment and furniture or Treatment, counselling and therapeutic services
Full guidelines are on the Sussex Community Foundation website.
How to apply
Fill in the online form on the Sussex Community Foundation website.
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines, apply at any time.
You should get a decision within 3-4 weeks
Contact detailsSussex Community Foundation
15 Western Road,
BN7 1RL 01273 409440 firstname.lastname@example.org