Grants available for: projects that will make a difference to local groups or individuals.
Size of grants given: From a few hundred to several thousand. No limits
Aims of Fund
To give assistance to those in need throughout the community by providing funds for a variety of benefits and causes, in particular disadvantaged children, the elderly, the vulnerable, people with disabilities and any other person, group or charity considered by the trustees to be appropriate for a fund allocation which will make a difference.
Who can apply
You can apply to The Argus Appeal if you live or operate in Sussex. Charities and organisations will need to submit their applications in writing. Individuals who want to apply for specialist equipment or funding will need to submit their application in writing and include written support from their doctor/social worker/specialist – whoever is appropriate to confirm your needs. Trustees consider all applications but any funding will need to make a difference.
How much and what can you apply for
There are no set limits to how much you can apply for, or even what you can apply for.
Examples of recent funding are:
- Football kit for a disabled football team
- Christmas outings for the British limbless ex-servicemen’s association
- Telephone helpline for Carers Brighton and Hove
- Toys for a Child protection unit
- Summer Scheme run by Moulsecoomb Neighbourhood Trust
- new roof for the clubhouse of Southwick Green Christian community church
- New dishwasher for Martletts hospice
- New concert hall chairs for the Sovereign Singers in Eastbourne
How to apply
Send a letter of application to the postal address or email address below. Your letter should include the following information:
- Who you are
- What you do
- How you think the Argus Appeal can help you
- How much you’re looking for
- How the money will be spent
- What you have done so far to raise the necessary funds
You should include a copy of your latest accounts.
Deadlines for application
Contact detailsElsa Gillio
The Argus Appeal
2-5 Manchester Street
BN2 1TF Tel: 01273 271445
Page updated 17/04/2019 RL