LGBTQ+ COVID-19 Fund (Comic Relief via METRO)
Grants available for: LGBT+ non-profit groups, organisations and projects
Size of grants given: Small grants up to £5,000 or Main grants between £5,001 and £15,000
Next deadline: 30 September (main grants only)
Aims of Fund
The LGBTQ+ COVID-19 Fund is funded by Comic Relief, and METRO is the lead intermediary partner distributing the funding. METRO is an equality and diversity charity providing health, community and youth services in England.
The funding is intended for LGBTQ+ community-led organisations and groups to support their vital role in supporting LGBTQ+ communities through the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Who can apply
Grants are available for grassroots, local groups and organisations who can support LGBTQ+ communities through the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
Applications are open to groups and organisations with an annual turnover of under £100,000.
To be eligible organisations must:
- Consist of three or more people.
- Be led by LGBTQ+ staff or volunteers (if the applicant is a group within a larger organisation, then the staff/volunteers leading on this proposed project should identify as LGBTQ+).
- Be not-for-profit.
- Be committed to equality and dignity for all LGBTQ+ people, including trans people.
How much and what can you apply for
A total of £585,000 will be awarded in grants.
Four levels of funding are available:
- Micro grants of up to £500 or £1,000.
- Small grants of up to £5,000.
- Medium grants up to £10,000.
- Large grants of up to £15,000.
Each organisation can only apply for one grant.
The grants must be used by July 2021.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via email. There are two separate application forms, one for micro and small grants and one for medium and large grants.
Guidance notes and the application forms are available on the METRO website.
You must submit your completed application by emailing it to email@example.com by 5pm on the relevant closing date.
Deadlines for application
Micro and small grants is 22 September 2020 (5pm).
Medium and large grants is 30 September 2020 (5pm).
Last updated: 28/09/20 DA