National Lottery Local Connections Fund
Grants available for: constituted voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations with an annual income of £50,000 or less in England
Size of grants given: £300 – £2,500
Deadlines: 26th January 2021 (applications open on 5th January 2021)
Aims of Fund
To help charities and community groups in England that are working to reduce loneliness by helping them build connections across their communities. The funding will help to bring people together in safe and secure ways during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The fund aims to help make:
- people and communities feel more connected
- individuals feel supported and less lonely or isolated
- people more aware of services available that help them to connect with others and get involved
- organisations learn from each other
There is emphasis on activities that are Covid-19 safe and compliant with current/changing guidelines and rules about reducing spread of the virus. See the fund website for further details on projects they want to fund.
Who can apply
You can apply if you’re an organisation that serves communities within England, has an annual income of £50,000 or less, and is one of the following:
- a voluntary or community organisation
- a registered charity
- a not-for-profit company or Community Interest Company
- a faith group (but we cannot fund religious activities)
- a constituted group or club.
See further details on their website about who can apply.
How much and what can you apply for
Between £300 and £2,500 for work that brings people and communities together in a way that is safe and compliant with government regulations about Covid-19.
All funds must be spent and activities completed by 31st March 2021.
Funding can be used for:
- General project costs for activities that are Covid-19 compliant/adaptable, especially online and telephone activities;
- Overcoming barriers to participation in online activities;
- Staff/volunteer training and development;
- Small-scale equipment and technology purchases;
- Small-scale venue improvements;
- Salaries and expenses.
See their website for details of what you can spend the money on.
How to apply
You need to apply via an online application form (which will be available when the fund opens on January 5th 2021). In the meantime, details of what you will need to apply are on the website.
Deadlines for application
There will be two phases of funding. Deadline for applications in the first phase is 26th January 2021. Successful applicants will receive the funds in early February and funds must be spent and activities completed by 31st March 2021.
The timeline for phase 2 has not yet been announced.
028 9568 0143
For those with a hearing or speech impairment:
Text relay 18001 plus 028 9568 0143
BSL users can contact us in England using SignVideo
1 Plough Place
London EC4A 1DE
Page last updated: 18/12/20 RL