People’s Health Trust: Active Communities
Grants available for: Organisations with an annual income of less than £350,000 per year, for small local projects that improve neighbourhoods.
Size of grants available: £5,000 – £50,000
Next deadline: TBA
Aims of Fund
They believe that:
- where you live should not unfairly reduce the length of your life or the quality of your health.
- supporting local communities to take greater control over what happens in their neighbourhood is key to creating new and stronger relationships, improving confidence and encouraging a greater sense of belonging.
Who can apply
Local charities and community groups with an annual income of less than £350,000 a year, which supports people to create or shape local projects that will help their community or neighbourhood to become even better.
In Brighton & Hove priority is given to the following areas:
- Bates Estate
- parts of Woodingdean
- Pankhurst Estate
- Tarner and Eastern Road
- Lewes Road/Elm Grove area
- Albion Hill
- Level and North Laine
- New England Quarter
- parts of Hangleton & Knoll
- Poets Corner
- parts of Portslade
- parts of West Hove
- Mile Oak
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for between £5,000 and £50,000 for projects that will last for between 9 months and 2 years. In addition to the criteria above, projects funded by the Active Communities programme must:
- be small and local, for example, a few streets or a small village.
- be designed and led by local people
- create stronger connections between people
- enable people to feel they are doing something positive in their area, making a difference and feeling good about it
Deadlines for application
This fund is open to applications from a different area of the UK each month.
It will open for applications from the South East in August 2019.
To check whether the fund is currently open in Sussex, use the map on their website.
They have a two stage application process. You complete an initial application and will hear back from them within 20 days. If you are invited to submit a full application you will be given 3 weeks to do so, and will then hear the outcome in 12 – 14 weeks.
People’s Health Trust
64 Great Eastern Street,
London, EC2A 3QR
Tel. 020 7749 9100
Page updated 17/04/2019 RL