Grants available for: Projects that help people learn about their own and other people’s heritage, run or led by a not-for-profit organisation.
Size of grant available: £3,000 – £10,000
Aims of Fund
To enable communities to celebrate, look after and learn more about their diverse heritage.
Who can apply
Not-for-profit organisations or partnerships led by not-for-profit organisations. Your group must have a constitution and bank account.
How much and what can you apply for
Projects must help participants do at least one of the following:
- Learn about heritage
- Develop skills
- Change their attitudes and/or behaviour
- Have an enjoyable experience
- Volunteer time
The most important of these as that people learn about heritage, and your project will be much more likely to be funded if it achieves this.
In addition, your application will be stronger if your project achieves any of the following:
- Heritage is better managed
- Heritage is in better condition
- Heritage is better interpreted and explained
- Heritage is identified/recorded
- Negative environmental impacts are reduced
- More people and a wider range of people engage with heritage
- Organisations are more resilient
- The local economy is boosted
- The local area/community is a better place to live, work or visit
How to apply
You will need to register on their website to access an application form.
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines. You can apply at any time. They will assess your application within 8 weeks.
The Heritage Lottery Fund has a lot of other grant programmes, so if this doesn’t quite fit what you want to do, or you need more than £10,000, look at their website for their other programmes.
email@example.com 7 Holbein Place
SW1W 8NR 020 7591 6042 / 6044
Text service: 020 7591 6255
Date & initials