Skipton Building Society Grassroots Giving
Grants available for: Volunteer run community groups running activities that have a lasting impact.
Size of grants given: £500
Next deadline: TBC, expected summer 2019
Aims of Fund
To help community groups who only have access to limited funding from elsewhere.
Who can apply
Volunteer run community groups (NOT registered charities) who are enhancing the lives of the neighbourhoods they are based in.
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for £500. They will shortlist applications which offer “the greatest chance to progress ideas and activities with a lasting impact.”
They will not fund:
- Rent and/or maintenance of a property
- Expeditions, holidays or travel programmes
- UK centres for overseas projects
- Projects which are normally the responsibility of other organisations such as the NHS or local government
- Medical research and medical equipment
- Animal welfare
- Party political activities
- Promotion of religious causes
- Running costs including: rent, insurance, employee wages, expenses and training of volunteers
- Direct costs of fundraising events, including: paying for food, drink, room hire, promotional goods or other direct elements of a fundraising event or activities
- Loans or business finance
- Requests to cover the costs of travel expenses or sponsorship of events
- Individuals and students not part of a wider group
- Groups that have an annual net profit of more than £10,000
- Activities taking place outside of the UK
How to apply
Skipton Building Society will create a shortlist, and there will then be a public vote online to decide which groups receive grants.
Deadlines for application
TBC, expected summer 2019
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org @SkiptonBS_GrG www.skiptongrg.co.uk/apply-for-funding/
Last updated 13/8/18