Skipton Building Society Grassroots Giving
Grants available for: Volunteer run community groups running activities that have a lasting impact.
Size of grants given: £500
Next deadline: TBA summer 2018
Aims of Fund
To help community groups who only have access to limited funding from elsewhere.
Who can apply
Volunteer run community groups (NOT registered charities) who are enhancing the lives of the neighbourhoods they are based in.
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for £500. They will shortlist applications which offer “the greatest chance to progress ideas and activities with a lasting impact.”
They will not fund:
- Rent and/or maintenance of a property
- Expeditions, holidays or travel programmes
- UK centres for overseas projects
- Projects which are normally the responsibility of other organisations such as the NHS or local government
- Medical research and medical equipment
- Animal welfare
- Party political activities
- Promotion of religious causes
- Running costs including: rent, insurance, employee wages, expenses and training of volunteers
- Direct costs of fundraising events, including: paying for food, drink, room hire, promotional goods or other direct elements of a fundraising event or activities
- Loans or business finance
- Requests to cover the costs of travel expenses or sponsorship of events
- Individuals and students not part of a wider group
- Groups that have an annual net profit of more than £10,000
- Activities taking place outside of the UK
How to apply
Fill in the application form on their website. (You have to scroll to the end of the page.)
Skipton Building Society will create a shortlist, and there will then be a public vote online to decide which groups receive grants.
Deadlines for application
TBA summer 2018
Date & initials