Sussex Crisis Fund: Food security in East Sussex
Grants available for: projects in East Sussex working with people who are facing food insecurity
Size of grants given: up to £5,000
Next deadline: No deadline
Aims of Fund
The fund aims to support food security and food sustainability projects that work with people who are living with food insecurity. Households are considered to be food insecure if one or more adults under eat or go hungry, due to lack of money. The fund recognises that food insecurity has increased as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who can apply
Charities and community groups working in East Sussex. Projects in Brighton and Hove are not eligible to apply for this strand of funding.
How much and what can you apply for
Grants of up to £5,000 are available for projects which offer one or more of the following:
- Support for individuals using foodbanks, to improve access and uptake of advice around debt and money management, and/or employment and skills training;
- Support to address issues around food security and barriers to support for specific population groups, such as Black, Asian and minority ethnic, people with learning and/or physical disabilities and others most impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic;
- Activities which seek to improve food preparation and cooking skills for people living in food poverty;
- Advice and guidance for people living in food poverty on healthy eating and nutrition – including advice and guidance for different types of cuisines appropriate for specific cultural and religious dietary preferences and eating well on a budget;
- Support for people living in food poverty to obtain equipment required for food preparation and cooking through purchasing, loaning or sharing of items;
- Support to access food shopping, including transport and computer literacy;
- Support for food pantries, community fridges and community food cooperatives;
- Support for community allotments and food growing projects.
Further information is on the Sussex Community Foundation website.
How to apply
Fill in the online form on the Sussex Community Foundation website.
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines.
Contact detailsSussex Community Foundation
15 Western Road,
BN7 1RL 01273 409440 email@example.com
Information last checked 16/11/20, DA