Due East have announced the following grant programmes for groups in Whitehawk, Manor Farm, and Bristol Estates:
1.Piggy Bank – Youth Fund
Youth Funding – bids for share of £6,000.00 for Youth projects in and/or benefiting young people in the Whitehawk, Manor Farm, and Bristol Estates.
2.Community Health and Wellbeing Fund
Just over £2,500 is available for grants of up to £500 per application. The overarching theme for grants is to support projects that impact on the health and wellbeing of the community.
3.Cancer Champions Project Community Chest
Applications are invited for grants of up to £500 for projects that contribute to the Cancer Champions Project goals:
- Increase knowledge about cancers amongst all the diverse groups and communities in the DueEast neighbourhoods
- Recruit and train volunteer Cancer Champions from across the three neighbourhoods
- Raise awareness of the importance of cancer screening and early symptom awareness and increase rates of attendance at screening
- Identify barriers local people face in accessing cancer screening and taking other preventive measures and provide practical actions to help break these barriers down
- Help local people feel more comfortable talking about cancer
- Improve knowledge in the neighbourhoods of DueEast about services to support people living with cancer
4.Challenge 2015 ! Community Chest
Applications are welcome primarily from individuals or groups of people who have signed up to take the Challenge 2015! already this year, but applications will also be considered from groups of local residents and community groups for projects that help meet the goals of the DueEast Challenge 2015 ! initiative :
- Provide local people with a chance to get together to take part in new activities that will help them to feel better about themselves and especially to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
- The activities can be anything that contributes to the 5 Ways to Wellbeing :
- Connect – get together with other people to do something. Seek out someone you enjoy spending time with.
- Get Active – take part in a physical activity even if it is as simple as a walk near your home or somewhere you love .
- Keep Learning – Have a go at something different , learn something new or pick up a fresh skill.
- Take Notice – Take a minute to look around and find a moment of calm and stillness and take a fresh look at your surroundings.
- Give – Do something new for someone else or that will be of benefit for your friends, family or wider community.
- Grants of up to £200 are available to fund activities that local people set up as part of Challenge 2015!
NB : Projects funded by the Challenge 2015! Community chest should be completed by end of December 2015 .
5. DueEast Multi-cultural , Minority Ethnic and Inter-Faith Project Community Chest
Applications are welcome from groups of residents from cultural , faith and BME ( Black and Minority Ethnic ) groups in the neighbourhoods of the DueEast area.
Grants of up to £250 are available for projects that help meet the following objectives :
- Enable new community activity to take place involving residents from cultural , ethnic and faith groups who have previously not carried out community activity in the DueEast area.
- Bring together people from different cultural ethnic and faith backgrounds in inclusive and accessible activities so that these differing traditions can be celebrated and better understood in the local community
How to Apply ?
Decide which pot of funding you want to apply for.
Complete the simple two sides A4 application form for each funding source to be returned by 5pm 17th September along with a one minute youTube video detailing the project, and a commitment to attend one public voting event in late September/ early October.
Application forms available from http://dueeast.org.uk/downloads/category/4-grants – email firstname.lastname@example.org. – Text/voicemail 07974571300.
If you want any help or support in developing your project ideas or making your application contact the Serendipity community development team: email@example.com