Service update April 2021
Due to the continuing Covid situation, we are still operating with a reduced number of staff in the Centre, but gradually expanding the services we are able to offer. The support we can give your group at the moment is:
Our equipment hire service will be open again from Monday 24th May 2021 for groups in Brighton & Hove. Equipment can be booked in advance by phone or email, or by submitting a booking request via our itemised equipment pages. Equipment collection will be available on Monday and Thursday afternoons between 1pm and 3.30pm. Equipment will need to be returned on Monday and Thursday mornings between 9.00am and 12pm. There is a maximum limit of 8 items per group (except for member groups) and specified arrival times to help keep us all safe.
Services by phone and email
We will continue to be available for telephone and email enquiries between 10am and 1pm, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Information for groups
We have new and regularly updated information sheets on:
If you’re looking for help around the coronavirus, need to signpost or refer people to the right support in the city, go to: Covid Brighton & Hove (compiled by Trust for Developing Communities and Community Works)
Printing, badges and stickers
- We are offering a printing service for groups. If you need printing done, send us your artwork by email and we will print for you and arrange a time for you to collect from the doorstep. We are taking care to follow strict safety guidelines while printing. We will not be making an additional labour charge for this service for any groups.
- We can make up to 200 badges and an unlimited number of stickers. You just need to decide on the size(s) you would like and email us your artwork using our badge/sticker templates.
- When collecting printing, please wear a mask, and ring our doorbell to let us know you have arrived. We will wear masks and maintain a 2m distance when bringing your printing outside – please step back from the door to enable this.
Support for member groups
We are continuing to offer support services for our member groups:
- One to one support sessions can now be done phone or video. We will work with each group in the way that is best for you, while keeping us all safe.
- To bring in paperwork for an examination of accounts, please contact usby email or phone to arrange a time to drop things off at the doorstep, or an alternative way to get the information to us.
We will be reviewing all of this regularly and will issue further updates on our website and via social media if it changes.
Best wishes from the Resource Centre team
Groups in Sussex can hire equipment for fetes and fairs, playschemes, after school clubs, meetings, and lots of other events.
Groups in Sussex can access our DIY community print room. We offer cheap self-service printing in black & white or colour, or a printing service at extra cost. To find out how cheap, use our online print quote calculator or go to our price list.
Our information service aims to help you run your group better, find the funds you need and get in touch with people who can help you.
We offer additional support to Tenants’ & Residents’ Associations run by Brighton & Hove City Council tenants and leaseholders.
We offer additional support to Resource Centre member groups. These groups are run by and for people living in areas of social housing, black and minority ethnic people, and disabled people.
Is the Resource Centre useful for your group? Support us for free by becoming a Friend of the Resource Centre. It’s quick, easy and free to sign up!