6 Tilbury Place,
Tel: 01273 606160
- Who we are and what we do
- Our staff
- Our trustees
- Funding and other support
- More about the Resource Centre
The Resource Centre is a charity serving voluntary and community groups in the Brighton and Hove area. We are used by around 800 different local groups every year, from playgroups to environmental campaigns, residents associations to arts organisations.
The Centre has been in existence since 1975. Through many changes over the decades since then, the Centre has retained its unique position as a supportive space for grass roots community activity in Brighton and Hove. Our Theory of Change outlines our distinctive philosophy and aims.
We provide a well-resourced print room, a range of equipment for hire, a calm space to work, and a widely praised online information service for groups. For our member groups, we offer additional services. All our services have been developed in response to requests from community groups.
We are legally constituted as a limited company, Brighton & Hove Social Welfare and Educational Trust. The company is registered in England under no. 1730256. Registered Charity no. 287516. We are registered for VAT under no. 861 1001 75.
Our staff team is currently:
- Dani Ahrens
- Kate Chapman
- Judy Goss
- Alan Gray
- Rebecca Luton
- Kate Page
- Mireille Shimoda
To email any member of staff directly, use this formula: email@example.com
- Awel Harun Abdo – Oromo Community in Brighton & Hove
- Robin Berry – Coldean Residents’ Association (Chair)
- Muriel Briault – North Portslade Residents’ Association
- Chris El Shabba – Robert Lodge Residents’ Association
- Barry Hughes – Sylvan Hall Residents’ Association
- Ann Packham – Ingram Crescent Residents’ Association
- Sohna Sosseh – Brighton and Hove First Ladies
- Jason Williams – Hereford Court Community Association
We receive core funding support from Brighton & Hove Council and Brighton & Hove Clinical Commissioning Group under the Third Sector Investment Programme for Brighton & Hove.
See our How we are funded page for more detail on where our money comes from and how it is spent.
- Contact information and access details
- Become a Friend of the Resource Centre
- Our Theory of Change
- Led from the margins: our membership and management structure
- How we are funded
- Helping Communities pull together during Covid-19
- What our users think
- Our policies
Last updated: October 2020