Brighton and Hove
Dates: Thursday 8 November, Friday 16 November and Thursday 29 November
Where: BMECP (Please note Friday 16 November is in the Stanmer Room at Brighthelm)
Book: via Eventbrite
Run by Community Works with funding from Sussex Community Foundation.
The course is primarily aimed at smaller organisations with an annual income around £35,000 and who are new to making grant applications or haven’t had much luck. Thy suggest 2 people per organisation attend so you can work on a bid together. Over the course, you will prepare a funding bid that you can submit to a funder of your choice.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how to define a project you need funding for
- Be able to identify appropriate funders
- Know what policies and reporting systems you need to have in place
- Understand how to frame your project and know what the funder is looking for
- Be able to prepare a budget
- Be able to devise monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
They encourage you to attend all 3 sessions if you can, but this is not a requirement (for session outlines see Eventbrite).