Other people who can help with Community venues
A network of community buildings managers from across the city, providing mutual support, sharing information and skills and giving a voice to those running and supporting our vital community spaces. The group meets regularly in community buildings around the city.
Community venues, Information on food hygiene, Information on funding sources, Information on insurance, Information on producing financial and business plans, Information on rooms for hire, Training for community groups
Provide a range of support services for community groups who want to run activities to do with growing or cooking food.
Have a useful guide on reducing food waste at community events.
Have information on setting up and running community cafes.
They have useful information about venues in Brighton & Hove that have kitchens that can be used for community events involving food and shared meals. Contact them directly to ask for details.
They also have information about places to hire or borrow catering equipment and about training courses for groups running food projects.
Community Base provides office space for local voluntary sector groups. To join the waiting list for office space, email firstname.lastname@example.org
They also provide the following services for all local groups:
- Venue Search, a database of venues for hire in Brighton & Hove. After a redesign in late 2019, this database currently has very few venues on it but will hopefully get better again with time. If you run a venue, please register and add your venue onto the database.
- Volunteer Search, where local groups can advertise for volunteers and individuals can look for volunteering opportunities.
- Community Job Search, where local groups can advertise jobs
- A postal address service for £25 per year
- Free access to Funds Online, the Directory of Social Change’s comprehensive guide to grant funding trusts in the United Kingdom. To access this, email email@example.com
ESCIS is an online database of community organisations and events across East Sussex and including Brighton & Hove. It holds searchable information on around 7,000 local organisations. Any local not-for-profit group can add themselves to the database. You can search by geographical area, keyword, type of group or service. The database includes Community venues for hire