Community Works are holding Trans Awareness Training.
Thursday 20 October, 9.30am- 2.00pm, Conference room, Community Base
This half day course is aimed at anyone who wants to broaden their understanding of issues faced by transgender, transsexual and other gender-different people. The session is based around interactive exercises, encouraging participants to get involved in thinking through what trans means and ways to achieve equality and inclusivity in practice.
By the end of the session you’ll have:
- an appreciation of how sex, gender and sexual orientation interact
- improved understanding of trans identities, terms and language
- a good grounding in the key laws relating to trans people
- increased awareness of trans issues and ways to be trans inclusive
- increased confidence in working with trans colleagues and clients
- information about helpful resources
This course is led by a Trans Alliance trainer.
The course costs £50-£90, depending on the size of your organisation and whether you are a member of Community Works. There are some subsidised places available for small groups with incomes under £35,000 per year – contact Community Base to enquire about this.
More information is available on the Community Base website.