Whatever your group is doing, from producing a newsletter to putting on a funday, from organising an AGM to running a sports club, the Resource Centre has a service designed to make things easier for you:
Groups in Sussex can hire equipment for fetes and fairs, playschemes, after school clubs, meetings, and lots of other events.
We offer cheap self-service printing in black & white or colour, or a printing service at extra cost. To find out how cheap, use our online print quote calculator or go to our price list.
Our information service aims to help you run your group better, find the funds you need and get in touch with people who can help you.
We offer additional support to Tenants’ & Residents’ Associations run by Brighton & Hove City Council tenants and leaseholders.
We offer additional support to Resource Centre member groups. These groups are run by and for people living in areas of social housing, black and minority ethnic people, and disabled people.
Summer fête season in full swing
Community groups all over Brighton & Hove are busy running fabulous summer fêtes once again.
Our money-making sideshows, inflatables, and other equipment for fêtes and fairs are getting lots of use at this busy time of year.
If your group is hiring from us for a fête, here are some tips to help everything go smoothly:
- Bring a £50 security deposit when you come to collect the equipment (cash or cheque)
- Check your booking confirmation email for your collection time. If you would like to collect early, phone us first to check whether the equipment will be ready for you
- Also check your return time. If you are not certain you can return the equipment on time, please tell us as soon as possible. We can often extend bookings, but unscheduled late returns cause problems for us and other community groups
- If you are hiring a candy-floss machine, badge machine or popcorn machine, tell us in advance how many consumables you need (sticks, bags, badge parts)
- For more info, see Hiring equipment from the Resource Centre, or contact us
We wish everyone successful, sunny summer fêtes! For tips on running a great event, see our information on planning and organising events.