Other people who can help with Finding volunteers
Community Base runs VenueSearch, a database of venues for hire in Brighton & Hove. (This currently works on mot browsers except Firefox 11/1/19.)
Also has services to help groups find volunteers and advertise jobs
Also offers local community and voluntary groups free access to www.trustfunding.org.uk, the Director of Social Change’s comprehensive guide to grant funding trusts in the United Kingdom.
Finding volunteers, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Help with fundraising, Information about managing volunteers, Information on funding sources, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on running a group, Networking and finding other community groups, One to one support with managing money, Providers of example equal opportunities policies, Statistics and data, Training for community groups, Training in book-keeping
Community Works runs the following projects for the voluntary sector in Brighton & Hove:
- A network of elected representatives, who speak on behalf of the sector at council and strategic partnership meetings.
- Six-monthly conferences and other networks where community and voluntary groups can get together and share experiences, information and views
- Volunteer Centre services: You can advertise volunteer opportunities on the Community Works website. They also have a good practice guide for community groups who work with volunteers. It includes sample forms and policies for groups to adapt. They also run a forum for volunteer managers.
- Support for trustees and management committee members
- Business skills volunteering, which brokers relationships between voluntary groups and businesses
- A programme of training courses
- A mentoring scheme
- One-to-one consultancy
- A funding bid reading service
- A bank of sample policies and procedures, to help larger organisations develop their own policies.
- a free monthly DBS advice surgery in partnership with Safety Net, on the first Thursday of every month. You need to book a half-hour slot in advance. If you are using Safety Net for your DBS applications, you can also bring forms and ID documents for checking at the surgery.
- free half-hour one-to-one advice surgeries on any topic. These run on the last Tuesday of each month, between 2pm and 4.30pm. You need to book in advance - email email@example.com or call 01273 234023
They have an electronic voting system which is available to hire. This consists of hand-held pads which can be used by people in a meeting to vote. The results are then displayed instantly on a laptop. They also have a wooden ballot box, which groups can borrow.
People and organisations use this website to share information about services and resources available in Brighton & Hove. It includes listings of things like rooms for hire, training courses and volunteer opportunities. If you have something to share, you can post it yourself.
Organisations can advertise volunteering opportunities on this website. People looking for volunteering opportunities can search the site for positions in their local area.
Matches volunteering roles, such as trustee and treasurer roles, with volunteers. You can advertise your organisations' voluntary role, or you can search for organisations looking for volunteers.
Advice about banking and investments, Finding volunteers, Help with developing constitutions and sample constitutions, Information about managing volunteers, Information on charities and charity law, Information on legal structures, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on managing money, Online tools to help choose a legal structure
Their website has a 'trustee finder'.
Finding volunteers, Getting outside help with running a sports group, Help with project planning, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on producing financial and business plans
Sported provide mentoring and funding to groups running sports activities.
University of Sussex students can gain credits towards their degrees by volunteering in local community organisations. The Student Union advertises volunteer opportunities on its website and organisations can register and advertise suitable opportunities there.