Help with developing policies and sample policies
Other people who can help with Help with developing policies and sample policies
Health and Safety Information, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Information about monitoring and evaluation, Information and training about safeguarding, Information on being an employer, Information on charities and charity law, Information on legal structures, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on managing money, Information on setting up a company, Quality Assurance System providers, Training for community groups
Subscription website which provides information sheets for community groups on a wide range of issues. Also provide consultancy to community organisations, including one-to-one support on becoming a company or Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), and run a Quality Assurance scheme.
Have a section on their website that covers all areas of Equality.
Provide information about the responsibilities involved in being an employer.
Run a helpline for employers and employees about employment rights and rules.
Allsorts have produced a useful guide to Digital & Social Media including an E-safety policy.
National charity offering useful resources and training about safeguarding disabled children and adults at risk.
They have gathered sample policies from local LGBT organisations and produced a Policy Toolkit to help organisations wishing to develop their own policies.
Provide a range of guides on quality assurance, monitoriing and evaluation, including PQASSO (Practical Quality Assurance System for Small Organisations). Some resources are free to download from their website.
Finding volunteers, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Help with fundraising, Information about managing volunteers, Information on funding sources, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on running a group, Networking and finding other community groups, One to one support with managing money, Providers of example equal opportunities policies, Statistics and data, Training for community groups, Training in book-keeping
Community Works runs the following projects for the voluntary sector in Brighton & Hove:
- A network of elected representatives, who speak on behalf of the sector at council and strategic partnership meetings.
- Six-monthly conferences and other networks where community and voluntary groups can get together and share experiences, information and views
- Volunteer Centre services:
- You can advertise volunteer opportunities on the Community Works website.
- They have a good practice guide for community groups who work with volunteers. It includes sample forms and policies for groups to adapt.
- Regular forum for volunteer managers.
- Support for trustees and management committee members
- Business skills volunteering, which brokers relationships between voluntary groups and businesses
- A programme of training courses
- A mentoring scheme
- One-to-one consultancy
- A funding bid reading service
- A bank of sample policies and procedures, to help larger organisations develop their own policies.
- free half-hour one-to-one advice surgeries on any topic. These run on the last Tuesday of each month, between 2pm and 4.30pm. You need to book in advance - email email@example.com or call 01273 234023
They have an electronic voting system which is available to hire. This consists of hand-held pads which can be used by people in a meeting to vote. The results are then displayed instantly on a laptop. They also have a wooden ballot box, which groups can borrow.
Health and Safety Information, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Information on being an employer, Information on legal issues, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information about managing volunteers, Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational), Risk Assessment (Health and Safety / Fire)
Produce a 5 step guide to risk assessment, available online. Also publish a range of health and safety publications, including a guide to drawing up a Safety Policy and Accident Report forms.
The NSPCC Consultancy services provide support and advice to community organisations working with children.
They have an introductory guide to safeguarding and child protection for the voluntary and community sector, information on
This site provides a range of sample policies, successful fundraising applications, employment contracts and other information. To view the documents you have to register, but there is no cost.
Provide a Safeguarding guide for trustees
Help with developing policies and sample policies, Information about managing volunteers, Information on being an employer, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups