We have two lightweight, folding, portable ramps, to help you organise events that are accessible for wheelchair users and other people with mobility difficulties. One is 2ft long and the other is 4ft long. Both can be transported easily in the boot of a car.
These are useful for events where there is a single step at the entrance or somewhere within the venue. Having a ramp instead of a step can be helpful for people with buggies, people who use walking frames and people with sight impairments, as well as wheelchair users.
These ramps have been kindly donated to the Resource Centre by Scope Local People Programme.
Before you book:
- Measure the height of your step
- Look at the available space to place a ramp leading up to the step and think about whether there is room for people to approach the ramp safely
- If your step height is 2″ or less, the 2ft ramp should be OK for all wheelchair users to use independently
- If your step height is 3″ or less, the 2ft ramp should be OK for powered wheelchair users or for manual wheelchair users with assistance
- If your step height is 4″ or less, the 4ft ramp should be OK for all wheelchair users to use independently
- If your step height is 6″ or less, the 4ft ramp should be OK for powered wheelchair users or for manual wheelchair users with assistance
- If you think the 4ft ramp is what you need, but there is not room to place it in front of your step, it might still be better to have a shorter ramp than nothing at all. Be aware that the gradient will be steeper than is recommended, and make sure you have volunteers available to offer assistance.
Please let us know which ramp you would like to book, using the Notes area on the booking request form.
Price3.15 for up to one week's hire
Dimensions for transport2ft ramp: 61cm L, 35cm W, 7cm D // 4ft ramp: 122cm L, 35cm W, 4cm D
Dimensions in use2ft ramp: 61cm L, 70cm W, 7cm D // 4ft ramp: 122cm L, 70cm W, 4cm D
- Folding, portable ramp with carrying handle
To make a booking request for this item of equipment, click Add to basket. When you have added all the things you want to book, click View Basket to complete your booking request. If you prefer, you can also book equipment by calling us on 01273 606160 or emailing us.