General equipment for fetes and fairs
These items can help your fete, fair or other event run smoothly and successfully.
The maximum hire period is two weeks. There is no limit on the number of different items each group can hire from this section, except you may not book the popcorn machine and the candy floss at the same time.
- Badge machine (25mm badges)
- Badge machine (38mm badges)
- Badge machine (55mm badges)
- Candyfloss machine
- Card readers
- Catering Equipment
- Lucky dip barrel
- Marquee (2x3m)
- Marquee (event shelter 4.5m x 4.5m)
- Marquee (large, 3 x 4.5m)
- Megaphone (30W)
- Megaphone (60W)
- Money aprons
- PA 1 and PA 2 (50W)
- PA 3 (battery powered, lightweight, in a backpack)
- PA 4 (Alto Spectrum with LED lights)
- PA 5 (very small and portable)
- PA 6 (80W mains only)
- PA 7 and PA 8 (80W)
- PA 9 (80W with extra microphone)
- Popcorn Machine
- Thermal flasks (3.7L)
- Tombola drum
- Other people who can help with General equipment for fetes and fairs
However big or small your event is going to be, planning it will follow the same general pattern – and you will want to avoid the same common pitfalls!
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about our equipment hire service.
We provide sample risk assessments for our Bouncy Castle, Smoothie Bike, Popcorn Machine and Candy Floss Machines. We suggest that you use these to give you ideas when carrying out your own risk assessment. Your risk assessment should be specific to your event and organisation.
These books are available at the Resource Centre, to borrow or to use in the Centre.
The services listed below are not provided by the Resource Centre. These are websites and services we feel are particularly useful for small groups in Brighton & Hove, and which are not easy to find by searching the internet.
Most useful services for local groups
Provide one off event insurance for bouncy castles, other inflatables, indoor play areas, outdoor pursuits, etc. Online quote can be provided when details of organisation and current insurance have been provided.Insurance for one day events starts at £16.00.
The Events team have lots of useful information and advice on organising events, especially on public land in Brighton & Hove.
- Banner printing
- Catering service
- Catering van
- Circus skills workshops
- Firework displays
- First Aid courses
- First aid cover at events
- Health and Safety Information
- Information on food hygiene
- Information on insurance
- Information on running events and festivals
- Information on running outdoor community spaces
- Insurance suppliers
- Land for outdoor events
- Pony rides
- Printing services
- Raffle Tickets
- Risk Assessment (Health and Safety / Fire)
- Water supply at outdoor events