Disco and party essentials
For indoor social events on a tight budget, we have equipment to provide lights and music.
The maximum hire period is two weeks.
- Disco Lights
- Karaoke machine
- Megaphone (30W)
- Megaphone (60W)
- PA 1 and PA 2 (50W)
- PA 3 (battery powered, lightweight, in a backpack)
- PA 4 and 6 (Alto Spectrum with LED lights)
- PA 5 (very small and portable)
- PA 7 and PA 8 (80W)
- PA 9 (80W with extra microphone)
- Other people who can help with Disco and party essentials
However big or small your event is going to be, planning it will follow the same general pattern – and you will want to avoid the same common pitfalls!
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about our equipment hire service.
These books are available at the Resource Centre, to borrow or to use in the Centre.
The services listed below are not provided by the Resource Centre. These are websites and services we feel are particularly useful for small groups in Brighton & Hove, and which are not easy to find by searching the internet.
Most useful services for local groups
Community Base provides office space for local voluntary sector groups. To join the waiting list for office space, email email@example.com
They also provide the following services for all local groups:
- Banner printing
- Barn Dance callers
- Catering service
- CD burning
- Circus skills workshops
- Drama workshops
- Firework displays
- First aid cover at events
- Information on rooms for hire
- Insurance suppliers
- Licences to play music at public events
- Music, singing or drumming workshops
- Printing services
- Raffle Tickets
- Risk Assessment (Health and Safety / Fire)