Computers and Internet
There is always someone on the front desk who can give backup support with using our network and most applications on the computers, and with using the internet. It’s a good idea to book in advance. Just call in, e-mail,or give us a ring.
In-centre PCs, with internet access
Computer use is free, including unlimited internet access. Contact us to book time on the computers.
We have four PCs available in the Centre, plus a laptop. We have an Arabic keyboard available and two of the computers are set up for typing in Arabic (please let us know if you require this).
Laptops available for hire
Two PC laptops
- £9.00 for up to one week’s hire. £50 deposit plus proof of address.
- Both laptops carry our general software package (outlined below).
- Both laptops have wireless internet capability.
- One laptop has a Firewire port and both have USB ports.
- We can supply an external hard drive with each laptop, for storage of video footage and other large files.
- Both the laptops have DVD burners.
- Allow half an hour for basic training when you come to collect it.
Call in or phone the centre to book, or request a booking online.
You can print things out in our community print room, which is very cheap. Have a look at our price list.
Scan in graphics or text, up to A3. Free
- Photoshop CS or CS2
- InDesign CS6 (only available on one computer – please specify when booking)
- Office 2007 (includes Publisher, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Open Office
- Premiere Elements 10.0 (only available on certain computers – please specify when booking)
- Access to www.trustfunding.org.uk