National Lottery Reaching Communities England
Grants available for: Community organisations, charities and not-for-profit companies that serve communities in England
Size of grant available: Over £10,000
Next deadline: No deadlines
Aims of Fund
To support communities with the things that are important to them, including mitigating the impact of the cost-of-living crisis and supporting them as they seek to recover, rebuild and grow following the Covid-19 pandemic. In particular, to support communities to thrive by:
- building strong relationships in and across communities
- improving the places and spaces that matter to communities
- helping more people to reach their potential, by supporting them at the earliest possible stage.
Who can apply
You can apply if your organisation is a:
- voluntary or community organisation (if you are unincorporated, they would like you to consider incorporating)
- registered charity
- constituted group or club
- not-for-profit company or Community Interest Company
- statutory body
- community benefit or co-operative society
- group of organisations, as long as they are led by an eligible organisation
Your organisation should involve your community in the design, development and delivery of the activities you’re planning.
See their website for more details about who can and cannot apply
How much and what can you apply for
£10,000 or more for projects up to 5 years. If you want to apply for less than £10,000, you can apply to Awards for All.
Projects must be led by the communities they serve. See their website for more details about involving your community.
You can ask for funding for:
- Costs of activities e.g. materials, venue hire, volunteer expenses
- Organisational development e.g. business planning, staff/volunteer training, technology upgrades
- Core running costs e.g. salaries, rent, utilities
- Purchasing, refurbishing or developing land or buildings.
See their website for more details of what they will and will not fund.
How to apply
There are two ways to apply. Either, you can complete the online application form
Or you can send an email or 5-minute video which covers:
- the name of your project
- where it’ll take place
- what you’d like to do, how has demand for your services changed?
- how your work will involve your community
- how your project fits with local activities
- who will benefit from your project
- what difference your project will make
- how much money you need
- what you intend to spend the money on
- how long you need the money for
- what your organisation does and why you’re best placed to deliver your project
See the website for details of which regional office to send your email or video to.
You can see a summary of the application form questions on their website.
Deadlines for application
Contact detailsContact details can be found at: https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/about/contact-us
Page last updated: 30/5/23 RL