Grants available for: projects that benefit the local community, in particular those with links to environment and ecology, climate change and energy and improving the sustainability of community facilities.
Size of grants given: Small grants up to £10,000, Large grants up to £50,000
Next deadline: March 2020 (exact date still to be announced)
Aims of Fund
- Projects that encourage the sustainable use of resources and assist in tackling climate change
- Projects with a focus on energy (generation, conservation and efficiency)
- Renewable energy, energy conservation, energy efficiency and sustainability initiatives for community buildings and facilities, possibly as part of a wider capital improvement project
- Support for marine ecology, nature conservation and environmental improvements
- Projects with a focus on marine safety
- Projects that enhance awareness, understanding and active engagement of the special nature of the south downs and marine environment, e.g. The Living Coast, UNESCO designation
- Increasing opportunities to take part in onshore and offshore sports and recreational pursuits
- Increasing the value, experience and understanding of the natural heritage by both visitors and residents
Who can apply
The Fund is open to charities, community groups and not-for-profit organisations, operating within Area 1 on this map, which extends from Littlehampton Harbour in the west, to Beachy Head in the east and up to the A272 near Twineham in the north close to the wind farm’s onshore substation.
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for:
- Smaller grants of between £1,000 and £10,000.
You cannot apply for these grants if you are currently holding a general grant from Sussex Community Foundation, or if you are applying for a Sussex Community Foundation grant at the same time.
- Larger grants of up to £50,000 for larger capital projects.
You can apply for these grants in addition to Sussex Community Foundation grants. You need match funding of at least 50% of the total cost of your project.
How to apply
For larger grants, you should contact Sussex Community Foundation first to discuss your project, by calling them on 01273 409440.
Deadlines for application
- March 2020 – Exact date still to be announced.
- The fund will be opening once a year for applications, with the deadline usually in spring
Date page updated 18/9/19 RL