Grants available for: projects that benefit the local community, in particular those with links to environment and ecology, climate change and energy and improving the sustainability of community facilities.
Size of grants given: Up to £10,000
Next deadline: 26th March 2021
Aims of Fund
- Projects that encourage the sustainable use of resources and assist in tackling climate change;
- Projects with a focus on energy use and energy efficiency;
- Renewables and sustainability initiatives for community facilities;
- Support for marine ecology, nature conservation and environmental improvements;
- Projects that enhance awareness, understanding and active engagement of the special nature of the south downs and marine environment, e.g. The Living Coast, UNESCO designation;
- Increasing opportunities for those facing disadvantage and deprivation to take part in onshore and offshore sports and recreational pursuits
- Increasing the value, experience and understanding of the natural heritage by both visitors and residents
Who can apply
The Fund is open to charities, community groups and not-for-profit organisations, operating within Area 1 on this map, which extends from Littlehampton Harbour in the west, to Beachy Head in the east and up to the A272 near Twineham in the north close to the wind farm’s onshore substation.
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for:
- Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000.
You cannot apply for these grants if you are currently holding a general grant from Sussex Community Foundation, or if you are applying for a Sussex Community Foundation grant at the same time.
- If your project is in East Worthing and Lancing or around the electrical substation near Twineham (Areas 2 and 3 on the map), you can apply for a larger grant (up to £50,000). You will need match funding. Contact Sussex Community Foundation to find out more.
- If you are applying for a capital project, you will need match funding.
How to apply
Deadlines for application
- The fund opens once a year for applications, with the deadline usually in spring
Date page updated 16/09/20 MS