Trust House Charitable Foundation
Grants available for: Small charities and not-for-profit organisations with incomes under £500,000, working in rural areas or areas of urban deprivation. Particular interest in funding community centres and village halls.
Size of grants given: Small grants of £2,000-£7,500 for one year, large grants of £7,500-£20,000 per year for up to three years.
Aims of Fund
This grants programme supports projects in the UK which address issues in Rural Communities and/or areas of Urban Deprivation.
Who can apply
Charitable organisations registered in the UK, with income under £500,000, who have a track record of addressing local issues in remote areas or areas of urban deptivation.
How much and what you can apply for
Small grants programme
- Can apply for £2,000 – £7,500 for a single year grant, covering core costs, salaries, running and project costs or one-off capital costs.
- Cannot apply for more than 50% of cost of project.
- Available to organisations with annual income under £250,000.
Major grants programme
- £7,500 to £20,000 per year for up to three years, for core costs, salaries, running and project costs.
- Cannot apply for more than 50% of cost for capital projects.
- Available to organisations with annual income under £500,000.
All projects must either be based in either:
- An economically deprived rural area: Villages or towns with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants, which are within the most deprived 50% on the Index of Multiple Deprivation, or
- An area of extreme urban deprivation: Towns with more than 10,000 inhabitants, which are within the most deprived 20% on the Index of Multiple Deprivation.
You can check you area on the Index of Multiple Deprivation by looking at this map.
Projects must focus on either Community Support, or Arts, Education and Heritage. They are especially interested in receiving capital applications for village hall and community centre projects.
How to apply
Complete the eligibility check on their website. You can then complete an application form.
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines. Decisions on small grant applications will be made within 8 weeks. Major grant applications are considered at quarterly meetings, and must be received at least 6 weeks before the meeting. More information is available on the Trusthouse website.
Contact detailsJudith Leigh (Grants Director) Trusthouse Charitable Foundation 65 Leadenhall Street London EC3A 2AD 020 7264 4990 trusthousecharitablefoundation.org.uk
Page updated 18/11/2019 DA