Hilden Summer Play Scheme fund
Grants available for: Community run summer playschemes
Size of grants given: £1500
Next deadline: To be announced, likely to be in late May 2022
Aims of Fund
To help community garden projects run summer play schemes for disadvantaged communities.
Who can apply
Community organisations who are members of Social Farms & Gardens, an umbrella group for community garden projects. Membership is free and is open to any organisation delivering nature-based activities that improve people’s lives. For example, the delivery of care services or community development through farming or gardening.
Applicants must be one of the following types of organisations:
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO / SCIO)
- Not-for-profit company. A company limited by guarantee – registered with Companies House.
- School or educational body (may also be a charity and/or company)
- Registered charity (unincorporated)
- Registered Charity and Not-for-profit Company
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
Organisations must have a legal status and must be not for private profit.
In addition, they must have a safeguarding policy in place as well as adequate insurance for the proposed activities and site.
How much and what can you apply for
18 grants of £1,500 are available.
Applications will be scored based on the following criteria:
- A clear proposal to connect children with nature.
- The ability to encourage participation from children from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Previous experience of running successful activities for children.
- Legacy for participants
Hilden Charitable Trust also give general grants to other types of project – see our listing for Hilden Charitable Trust.
How to apply
See the Social Farms and Gardens website for details and a link to the online application form.
Deadlines for application
To be announced: Probably late May 2022
Contact detailsThe GreenHouse,
BS3 4NA 0117 923 1800 email@example.com
Last updated: 12/5/22 RL