Social events, performance nights and gigs can be fantastic ways to bring your community together, showcase your work or raise money. When organising these types of events you may need to think about ensuring you and your venue are meeting regulations and have the right licences in place, for example for playing music or selling alcohol.  You may also wish to take out insurance, and conduct a risk assessment, particularly if your event is open to the public.

If you are organising a fundraising event, you may also find our section on Raising Money useful.

The Resource Centre has a range of equipment for use at entertainment events, such as PA systems, a karaoke machine and disco lights. This is available for hire at low cost to community groups in Sussex. Click on the Equipment tab for more information.

For contact details of local entertainers and other organisations that can help you further, including where to get a licence to play music, click on the Links tab.

These books are available at the Resource Centre, to borrow or to use in the Centre.

Would you like to make a donation?

We hope you find this page useful. Would you like to make a donation?

All Resource Centre information is available for free because we know small community groups have small budgets. However, we are a small charity, so if you are in a position to make a donation, it will help us to keep running this service into the future.