National Lottery Grants for Heritage
Grants available for: Projects that connect people and communities to the national, regional and local heritage of the UK. Heritage can be anything from the past that you value and want to pass on to future generations.
Size of grant available: £3,000 – £10,000
Aims of Fund
To enable communities to understand, value and share their heritage to bring people together, inspire pride in communities and boost investment in local economies.
Who can apply
Not-for-profit organisations. Your group must have a constitution and bank account.
How much and what can you apply for
Projects must show that:
- A wider range of people will be involved in heritage (mandatory outcome)
You can also have any of the following additional outcomes:
- Heritage will be in better condition
- Heritage will be identified and better explained
- People will have developed skills
- People will have learnt about heritage, leading to change in ideas and actions
- People will have greater wellbeing
- The funded organisation will be more resilient
- The local area will be a better place to live, work or visit
- The local economy will be boosted
The National Lottery Heritage Fund also has covid 19 emergency funding of £3,000-£50,000 to help heritage-related groups to deal with immediate risks and become more stable.
How to apply
You will need to register on their website to access an application form.
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines. You can apply at any time. They will assess your application within 8 weeks.
The Heritage Lottery Fund has a lot of other grant programmes, so if this doesn’t quite fit what you want to do, or you need more than £10,000, look at their website for their other programmes.
firstname.lastname@example.org 7 Holbein Place
SW1W 8NR 020 7591 6042 / 6044
Text service: 020 7591 6255
Date & initials